Title: BUS-GRID, Integrated It Productivity and Bus Lines Service Quality Optimization System.
Fund: Development Program of Industrial Research and Technology (PAVE) 2013
The project focused on researching and solving the problems faced by urban transport organizations (OAS) that manage bus and involved the construction of integrated information BusGrid system for optimal management of the existing bus fleet of Urban Transport Organization (The .A.S.), with view higher productivity and providing better quality of service to passengers. Specifically, BusGrid extends a network of telematics sensors on buses fleet of OAS, collecting data in real time, which and processes to produce valuable information for deciding an OAS For example a number of system features such as:
- Predicting the number of passengers waiting for a bus line for a given stop, time and weather.
- Findings passenger waiting average time per stop and exporting new indicators such as waiting time in man, which takes into account not only the wait time and the number of passengers.
- Automatic route generation program for a given line, many buses that serve etc.
- Ability to design new stations and services and consideration of the demand will be, but production Indicative Programs for the routes being planned.
- LINK TECHNOLOGIES S.A. (GR)
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering Lab, Department of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (GR)
Duration: 16 months